International Benchmark Test
We at QMIS take utmost care in ensuring that we are globally competitive and meeting up with the current trends of education. One such tool to assess is the International Benchmark Test.
The International Benchmark Test (IBT) is an internationally administered program of assessments with tests appropriate for grades 3 to 10 in the core subjects- English, Mathematics and Science. It is one of the many high-quality educational assessments developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), a world leader in educational research, assessment and reporting.
The IBT allows schools to compare student performance internationally, between grades and overtime. Reports provide schools with detailed information about a student's strengths and areas for improvement in all subjects. The IBT is a high quality skill-based assessment not linked to any national curriculum. This allows students from all countries to be compared fairly.
We at QMIS strongly believe on IBT as it accesses the generic skills. Students are questioned based on reasoning and thinking skills in each subject area rather than knowledge of particular curriculum content.
Our Achievements in IBT
- In the year 2013-2014, Ananya Jain had bagged the distinction.
- In the year 2014-2015, we had thirty distinctions. Ananya Jain of grade VIII, Sai Swetha of grade VI, Nakshatra of grade IV and Prithvi.s. Prabhu of grade IX bagged the high Distinction.
Success is a journey and not a destination. It requires constant effort, vigilance and re-evaluation.
It is said a person who tastes success will not get satisfied with one; he would definitely better himself to get many more.
We at QMIS take utmost care in ensuring that our children taste the fruits of success as it motivates them to be successful always. This is the third year our children had written the IBT exams and have come out with flying colors. Four of our students have got high distinctions and distinctions.
- Suhail Azad Ahamed of grade III has secured high distinction in English and Science.
- Ananya Jogikalmath of grade III has secured High Distiction in English and Distinction in Maths and Science.
- Prajit.V of grade III has secured distinction in Maths.
- Sai Swetha of grade VII has secured Distinction in Maths.
This achievement definitely adds feathers to our cap and also shows that children of QMIS do not limit their challenges but would challenge their limits.